Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11

Crafty McGee

So, I got this idea from Pinterest (follow me here). The inspiration photo is below:

So I needed to give my sister a house warming present and decided this idea would be the perfect gift. AND she...LOVED it!

TO CREATE

Start by:
Gathering the supplies
  1. Elmer's Glue- quick drying time, easily accessible and affordable
  2. Canvas (or other surface)- available at any crafts store, I used an 8.5 X 11 in. board
  3. Acrylic paint- spray paint isn't recommended for canvas
  4. Paper plate
  5. Roller- easy and big enough to paint over the canvas
First Step:
Create your design on the canvas with the glue
Second Step:
After the glue dries (2-3 hours, depending on amount of glue you used) paint the canvas with the color you selected
Third Step:
Let dry

And, you're done! VOILA!
Its honestly that simple and its such a nice addition to any wall. Obviously, you can decorate the canvas and add other colors or a picture if you'd like. I like the simple design so I stuck with that theme!

Try it and let me know how it goes in the comments below!

~Minela

No comments:

Post a Comment