Step 1: Gather supplies
- Blank Canvas
- Random bits and bobs from around your house
- Spray Paint (any color, I chose red for love)
- Piece of scrap paper
I picked a heart because I'm going to put a picture in it, as I said in the beginning this is a gift for a friend. Assuming she is ok with me posting a picture of her, I will post a tutorial on how I did that.
- Cut a shape out of the scrap paper
- secure the scrap paper on the canvas
I used tape, but you could use double-sided tape or glue.
Step 3: Cover the Canvas
- Gather bits and bobs
You want lightweight objects of varying shapes and sizes so you can easily cover space on the canvas & hang it.
Glue the pieces strategically,i.e. large pieces on the corners & small pieces around the shape you blocked off
Step 3: Paint the Canvas
- Secure a work area outside or a well ventilated area
I used the grass because I didn't want to go get butcher paper and the grass gets cut regularly.
3. Let it dry for about 1 hour.
Step 4. Finishing touches
- Add more pieces if desired (I added red pieces b/c I wanted a little sparkle)
- Peel off the scrap paper
- Touch up the edges to get a clean line surrounding the shape
You're done! I have to admit this was quite a lengthy project, I worked on it for about a week. However, its a simple and very sweet gift for a friend.
Have you seem any other interesting 'junk art' pieces?