Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28

Friday Diary #15- Back from the Caribbean

Hello lovely pink gadgets readers! <3

I'm back from my vacation, if you couldn't tell from the title of this post, I went to the Caribbean. A cruise to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and the Bahamas to be exact.

I cruised with Royal Carribean on the Oasis of the Seas.


I have to admit I had high hopes of this cruise because of the grandeur of the ship, it holds ~6K passengers  To put that in perspective, the average cruise ship accommodates about 2 - 3K passengers.

While my experience on board was nothing to write home about, I did get the chance to do some great shopping in the Caribbean.

First and foremost in my heart, my first David Yurman bracelet!
For those of you that don't already know, the Caribbean is a global hotspot for fine jewelry shopping. Specifically, diamonds and other precious gems. 
However, you can get even designer pieces like David Yurman at a pretty hefty discount. The bracelet I got retails for $775, I bought it for $697 and didn't have to pay tax on it. Now, depending on where you live, that no tax discount is a HUGE savings. I live in Texas where the sales tax is 8.25%, so I would've paid $838.94 if I bought the same bracelet in the states.

If you go to the Caribbean, plan to shop. Some retailers I recommend, which are backed by Royal Caribbean are: Jewels (for designers like Yurman, Jon Hardy, Mikimoto, etc.) and Diamonds International (for Hearts on Fire diamonds, Kabana, Safi Kalima/ tanzinite jewelry).

Well, I leave you on this Sunday, with this view.

5 comments:

  1. Love your bracelet.*_*
    Maybe follow each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much! Of course! I just went to your blog, my do I love your most recent outfit!

    Just curious, how did you find my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow and your lovely comment.^^
    Follow you back on gfc.
    Lovely greets Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great recommendation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your very nice design :)

    Maybe you want to follow my blog likethewayidoit.blogspot.com

    All the best xoxo

    Lara <3

    ReplyDelete