Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23

Crafty McGee: Cherry Blossom

I marked this picture on Follow Me on Pinterest as something I'd like to make but I didn't have an occasion.
Well, I found an occasion (home decor gift for my sister...again)! Here's my attempt at a cherry blossom tree.

Step 1) Gather supplies, 1 of each unless otherwise noted

  1. Canvas of any size (I used 8X10)
  2. 2L Bottle (I used Diet Coke)
  3. Tray for paint
  4. Paint brush
  5. 2 Bottles of acrylic paint (as many as you desire)

Step 2) Paint the tree branch/base of the cherry blossom tree.

Step 3) Pour flower paint into tray
I used a rectangular tray but I recommend circular plates because they are deeper and allow you to create precise flowers.
Step 4) Dip the bottom of the bottle into the paint and dab onto the end of the branches.

Step 5) Take a wide paint brush and shape the flowers.

Step 6) Add some color and piz-zaz (yes, I just used that word)!

What do you think will you try this? Do you enjoy these craft project features? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is very good and interesting , Would you like to follow each other? (: Come follow me and I’ll follow back for sure !

    http://shoeeobsessionn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks so much! I just followed you, your blog is so interesting!

    ~Minela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so much, I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete