Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10

MCSA 2012- Recommendations for Testing

Sorry, I've been away for so long, but I've been studying for my MCSA (Microsoft Certified Associate) certification. So I thought some of you might want to know about my experience and how to prepare. I will bold all my recommendations.

My first and most important recommendation is to take the exams in order. They build on each other in topics covered and difficulty of said topics.

Study Time
I passed the fist exam 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 about 3 months before the I took the second one. I will say that was a mistake. I had to do alot of re-learning for the second exam. I recommend a week to 2 weeks of study time for each exam, and a week in between.

Study Methods
Speaking of studying, I would recommend taking practice exams to get a sense of what you need to review. I took MeasureUp exams but have heard others recommend Transcenders over them. Other than practice exams, it is crucial that you setup a test environment. I used virtual machines and created a network but that doesn't give you any real-life experience with Hyper-V. Its best to install Hyper-V on a physical machine and then create virtual machines on it.

Those are my major recommendation points, let me know what your experience is with the exams, Prometric and/or Microsoft.


Good luck with your studies!
--Minela

No comments:

Post a Comment