Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23

My first time...at IMATS

I had you there for a second, didn't I?

Well, I went to IMATS this past weekend and since it was my first time I thought I'd share my thoughts as well as some tips for your first time!

The Experience:
The event was not as crazy as everyone says. Yes, there are lines and yes, there are people but the longest line I waited in was about 45 minutes.

Advantages:
Disadvantages:

  • Discounts!! I got 20% at MAC!

  • Great place to network with MUAs and beauty gurus

  • Will see some amazing FX makeup (pictures below!)


  • Stock is limited (Booths have what they have and when its out, its out!)

  • Not many unknown brands

  • Have to travel an exhibit location

  • Quite expensive (1 day is $48)


  • Tips:
    1. If there are specific items you just have to have, come early!
    2. To just shop, go on Sunday.
    3. To meet YT gurus, go on Saturday.
    4. Bring cash and plastic, some booths only accept 1 form of payment.
    5. Wear comfortable shoes!!!! You will be walking around sometimes with little space around you and standing in lines, you don't need 6-inch stilettos to do that.
    6. Food: they had a food court open at the LA convention. I've heard people say you need a snack, I didn't find that.
    7. Some booths have crazy lines: Sigma, Lime Crime.These wrapped around for what seemed like days!
    8. Some are long but not excessive (about 20-45 minute waits): SugarPill, MAC, MUFE.
    9. It is not as special of an experience as it seems. I don't really know how to elaborate on that, but prepare yourself to be let down a bit. Somehow, it doesn't seem to be as big a crazy and the deals seem to have tapered down.
    10. If you can make it, go to the LA event!!! Its the first and the biggest event of the season.

    My Thoughts:
    I'm glad I went but wouldn't go again. I think it is more fun when you go to meet YT gurus because you get to see them in the flesh and realize they're just people too, like meeting a celebrity. However, on the makeup front, its basically Black Friday for makeup...a fun event...once.

    I really hope this helps! I know I was really wanting to read something like this before I went and I didn't find it.
    The Show:

    And some awesome FX makeup:




    My 'haul'

    Just more awesome makeup:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment