Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12

HP Chromebook 11 and why I love it

A couple of months ago, I bought a Chromebook. The HP Chromebook 11 to be exact. I’ve used it for a while now and wanted to share my opinions with you!
I need to preface this with… I LOVE MY CHROMEBOOK!
A little about the specs:
Image courtesy of Google.com (link!)

When looking at a Chromebook its crucial to remember what it was created for. Any Chromebook, but specifically this one, was created for the casual user. Translation: Someone who surfs the web, takes noes, creates a few slideshows, checks their email, etc. This is not a machine designed for the computer administrator or a programmer, so it does not have that sort of juice.

Why I bought the Chromebook 11:
  • Size
Its small (11.3 inches) and light.
  • Laptop design
I liked that it had the traditional clamshell design and a full-sized keyboard because that gives me the most viewing angles.
  • Portability
This is a HUGE (hehe) point in favor of the Chromebook, not just because of its size and weight but also because it uses a simple microUSB charger. The charger that comes in the box is 5V but a standard 2V also does the job, albeit slower. ;)
  • Research
I bought the Chromebook because I like to do research while watching movies, don’t worry its not weird. *wink*

It’s exceeded my expectations on all these fronts and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an easy-to-use daily driver. Students would be the ideal candidate for this product.
If you need a little more power but want a Chromebook, I’d recommend looking into the Chromebook 14 but I’d also ask why you want a powerful Chromebook.

Since, you can't talk about the HP Chromebook without mentioning the overheating issues with the charger. I will say that Google has taken responsibility for this and is replacing my charger.
Have you considered a Chromebook? If so, what are your expectations? What do you plan to use it for? If you have a Chromebook, especially HP’s Chromebook 11, I’d love to hear what you think about it.



1 comment:

  1. Hey! :)

    We just launched Houston bookoo - it's a massive online yard sale for Houston and surrounding areas.- Thousands of people buying and selling used stuff from each other, in a fun, family-friendly way! :)

    We're getting the word out to some local bloggers, and would like to send you a free bookoo t-shirt (no strings attached!). If you would like a free t-shirt, will you send me an email at kellin@bookoo.com with your address and shirt size? I'll get it out to you right away!

    Check out the website:

    http://houston.bookoo.com/


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete