- Don't switch modes while shooting the same event. (e.g Av to Tv)
- Practice in a similar setting as you will be shooting in.
- Focusing is key.
- Interior lighting is a nightmare and you absolutely need to use flash to deal with it!!
- I need to learn how to properly set white balance.
- Be VERY careful when setting high ISOs. Yes, the pictures will look brighter in your viewfinder but they will be incredibly grainy.
Well, I'm not happy with the shots but I'm glad I had the opportunity to try my hand at it. I'm not a photographer... :)
Here are some of the shots.
The lighting is pretty great in this one.
See how much darker this shot is than the one above
One of my favorites! If these two aren't dating yet, I hope they find their way to each other
Blacks are especially hard when you don't properly compensate for lighting
Shot ruined by glare
See that glare & the darkness of the photo & the grain
The most artistic I got (hey! I was nervous)
Probably the best shot of the whole night
I'm off to the Dominican for my 25th! Catch you on the flip side!!